During my work sessions as an 3D artist/modeler I created a lot of different bitmap textures out of my photographs. Mostly because I was hunting for a special effect or a defined look that the standard textures and materials of my software (Cinema 4D at the moment) were not able to deliver.
The good news: I share this stuff with you!
Just browse to my page patternpanda.org and download what you need – free of charge for all kind of projects.
What you will find:
- High resolution diffuse maps (mostly PNG)
- 4K normal/bump maps (PNG or JPEG)
- sometimes: 4K gloss map (PNG)
- 4K displacement maps (PNG or JPEG)
- baked ambient occlusion into a separate PNG
- production-ready preset materials for Cinema 4D (lib4D)
- bitmap files to use in any other 3D/render software
Give it a try!
Since this project got a long way (it started in 2015, which is an eternity in internet-years) I updated the site and especially the scope of the site a little bit. Now patternpanda is also offering:
- high resolution scratchmasks for photorealistic wear and damage effects
- experimental HDR images for lighting a 3D scene while using raytracing
Although I decided to abandon any further development in the lib4d-material packs in order to avoid any inconsistency with the growing material library. I keep the lib4ds online but please have a look at the texture library.
One (now deprecated) Cinema 4D preset library with stone materials (all with subpolygon displacement)