It’s quite interesting that all tutorials of font design advise you to keep the number of anchors of each glyph so small as possible. Although I absolutely understand why this advise is given (e.g. because of cutting limitations) I just tried what happens, when you “overload” a font with anchors.
To be honest: Nothing. Nothing really mentionable happens. Most of the desktop publishing software can handle the font quite well. The font (its name is “Anilin” is roughly based on my own handwriting. I did the first sketches with a broken pencil and I liked the look.
If you want to test it on you own: Give it a try and download it here: Anilin Free Font (TTF, 350KB)
The font is free – you can do the hell you want to do with it. When you want to use it for a commercial project – go for it! But please remember my only wish: SEND ME SCREENSHOTS! Although this font was a total experiment: I want to improve my work. So tell me what you did with Anilin and what could be improved or what was missing.
Comments are closed.